 Trains / 16188
Re: PNLTC gathering to build a helix at Ben Fleskes's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 22:04:37 GMT

Mark Williams wrote:

In lugnet.trains, Frank Filz writes:

For our next meeting, I'm thinking of bringing some 12v stuff so we can
see how 12v trains compare to 9v (by running 12v conductors down the
center of the 9v track).

Frank

The helix is so cool.

As far as 12v conductors go, I've found that they need to be modified
slightly to fit over the studs on the added ties. Did you find a way around
this?

As I was typing I was remembering that that may be a problem. I know the
blue one's won't work (they won't even fit over the studs on the middle
tie in grey 4.5v/12v track.

Frank