 Trains / 16
Re: Seattleites Unite! :)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 22:32:18 GMT

De Bengel wrote:
On Tue, 29 Sep 1998 19:45:57 GMT, Laura Gjovaag <ljg@ui.com> wrote:

So, did you see the Train layout in the Center House?  I'm a club member
and I was *still* incredibly impressed.

I spend more time there than in line for the truck and inside it. It's
incredible what those guys came up with.
Did you see the steam engine that Dan made? It used his new larger
wheels. Very impressive. It did derail, caused by some kids that had
used a bridge support for spare parts ;-)

It seems like we spent more time picking up trains in the kids' area
than anything else.  The kids over there loved putting bricks on the
tracks to see what would happen... grrrrr!  I love kids... in very small
numbers.  I can handle maybe two kids before I start to feel overwhelmed
and start wishing for some duct tape.  I did a couple of hours in the
kids' area picking up trains and nearly went nutso.

Anyway... I got to play with Dan's new steamer, as well as with most of
the other trains there.  It was great fun!  I got my steamer to pull
Will Chapman's log cars, all we needed was a caboose and it would've
been perfect.  So I've spent the last few days trying to build a decent
looking caboose, of course...  Eventually I'm going to duplicate Will's
log cars for my train, too.

Everyone who likes trains ought to spend some time in a display like
that.  It was truly cool, and I'm looking forward to my next show.

--
Laura Gjovaag