 Trains / 15962
Re: container car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 14:19:27 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Is that your idea, Chris??? Well whoever it is, that's pretty clever! I knew
the wheelsets popped out but had never thought to try to figure out how to
mount them. Bravo.

Yes and no. I've had this idea to mount the wheelset like this when I
made my wheel car a while ago(it's in my brickshelf gallery somewhere).
I tried using the 1x2w/door rail then and didn't come up with anything
that worked well.  But I revisited this last week(1) and it appeared to
work better.

There is some more play in the wheelsets when mounted with the door
rails, but it seems to work pretty well.  If I could pry a wheel off I'd
like to see if the axle could fit in a piece of stiff lego tubing which
could then be mounted with any of the clip pieces.  That might be going
to far for purists (I feel guilty enough just popping the frames off the
wheels now.

However, Ben Beneke   did it last year(?) as well in a slightly
different context:
I'm not sure how he mounted the wheels.

-Chris

1- after getting stuck(2) at a rail crossing for twenty minutes while
two trains passed very slowly due to some track repair.  One of the
trains was an intermodal and had several spine cars.
2- 'getting stuck' should not be consider a negative in this sense. :)