 Trains / 15960
Re: container car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 03:39:16 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Tracey writes:
Thomas Burger wrote:
larry they are the 9 volt train wheels in some 1 x 2 w/ door rails

Nice looking container cars Thomas!

I'm glad to see that some people are using my idea :)  From looking in
the recent brickshelf galleries- I can see that Ondrew Hartigan has made
a spine car using and expaded version of the wheelset idea:

The cars look great but here are a few ideas:
1. replace the 1x6 plate on the truckside frames with 1x6 technic plates
(or maybe half-beams) to add a little more texture.
2. The platforms might look a little better if you texture them like
this: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=115466

Otherwise great work! Both of you!

thanks chris, I will look into that. but i am thinking of making the ends a
little different by adding latters and details to the trucks , then
attaching car body over it, the middle portion as you see it, is done, not
much left to add