 Trains / 15926
Re: Photos from RLTC Display
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.richlug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 16:42:47 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.richlug, Rob Hendrix writes:
Earthquake in downtown Metropolis?  I barely noticed that your elevated
monorail is a bit more elevated than usual:

;-) Rob

It wasn't an earthquake. Brickmond is experiencing a budget crisis and we
couldn't afford the weekend overtime for engineers to come in and adjust the
monorail elevation for the new Santa Fe. Instead, in haste, we chopped down the
nearest evergreen and toppled a smaller stanchion to prop the track. Luckily,
no minifigs were injured in the crash that alerted us to the designers flaw.
Set up can be difficult when the museum is only open 9 to 5.

Bert