 Trains / 15841
  how to do a cow-catcher for my American class 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive?

I am currently building an American class 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive and am stuck on how best to do the cow-catcher (I think thats what its called anyway, its the grille thing on the front at the bottom) Also, if anyone has any links to places with (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: how to do a cow-catcher for my American class 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive?

Here you go.. (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: how to do a cow-catcher for my American class 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive?

(...) Very nice!! I like it! Would love to see more photos of this!\ Jake --- Jake McKee AFOL LUGNET Member #211 (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: how to do a cow-catcher for my American class 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive?

Well I was going to wait until Friday to start posting new picts of my "Blue Baron 4-8-4 SteamLoco" but, after the request of that cow catcher I couldn't resist to give out a teaser. While I have some other details I am working on with the train I (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: how to do a cow-catcher for my American class 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive?

Well, Wayne, guess the cat's out of the bag, no more surprise @ the meeting. :) Jonathan, though Wayne's design is much superior to mine, I thought you might appreciate my cow catcher as well... (URL) Rudy In Lugnet.trains, Wayne Sardullo tapped out (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: how to do a cow-catcher for my American class 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive?

Darn, I was hoping no one from LUCNY was going to catch this one, OH well.... Here's the Cow Cater and all its Glory.... (URL) to give you an idea on how its put together I tried taking some of the pieces off. I used the hinges and offset 1x2 and (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: how to do a cow-catcher for my American class 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive?

Darn, I was hoping no one from LUCNY was going to catch this one, OH well.... Here's the Cow Catcher and all its Glory.... (URL) to give you an idea on how its put together I tried taking some of the pieces off. I used the hinges and offset 1x2 and (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: how to do a cow-catcher for my American class 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive?

(...) Hey, John... Nice use of tires for the smokestack!! I haven't seen that before, and it looks very nice! Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 (23 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: how to do a cow-catcher for my American class 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive?

(...) You could always build one out of roof peak slopes, like I did on my christmas train: (URL) (23 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)