 Trains / 15798 (-10)
  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

(...) Mark, I am completely amazed at how your project turned out. Simply beautiful. I'd love to see this in person to "look under the hood" and learn from your techniques. Also, have you thought about contacting the promotion department of the NLUS (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

(...) B unit.... cars are unpowered and a B unit is (in real life, although you may not power your model) a locomotive in its own right. Hope that helps. (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

Hi Mark, absolutly stunning! Probably the greatest MOC of 2002? I really love this station, even if it is located in the US, my Riviera Express is looking for a stop at this fantastic station ;-) The SNOT roof is suberb build, thanks for the details (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: New MOCs, some entries for the TOWN Contest

(...) Nice GP40 T.J, slighly stubby looking but looks great :-). Steve (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

Mark- Simply spectacular! -Ted Michon SCLTC Irvine, CA (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

(...) I just posted some construction pics on the roof. I haven't used LDraw, and probably won't take the model apart too much to photograph it, but I will try and get some other photos up to show some of the techniques. (...) Thanks! (...) I look (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

(...) Thanks for the comments! I posted some pictures in a construction folder that should give a good idea on how to build the roofs. (URL) think of it as a vertical wall of bricks, except that every 1 and 2/3 of a brick in height, you add a layer (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: New MOCs, some entries for the TOWN Contest

(...) These had a sort of "Wild west meets Carneval" feel to them. Nice. (...) Nice Warrens, but believe it or not, I'm diggin' that plate girder approach bridge even more! (...) Great work! looks great on the bridge too. (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

Beautiful! Just beautiful! -- Bob Fay THE SHOP (URL) Chan" <markhchan@home.com> wrote in message news:Gt58xn.F8M@lugnet.com... (...) announce (...) real (...) Chan (...) largest (...) build (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

I haven't been on this list for that long now, but this is a simply amazing model. The detail is magnificent and the roof is superb. I only wish I had half the talent required to build this masterpiece. I know it would probably be quite a bit to ask (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact