 Trains / 15694
  Re: Track Designer Registry

No disrespect to Matt, but how about a rewrite. Couple thoughts: TD3D (Track Designer 3D). This was very loosely suggested at the LDraw round table at BricksWest (maybe by Jake ???). I'm not at all suggesting track design in MLCAD, but rather a (...) (22 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

(...) I wouldn't contemplate a rewrite at this stage, without seeing the original code. It may be possible to do what you ask and more, with the code that has already been written. A lot of the fundamental work has been done by Matt, that would take (...) (22 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

I too had though about a complete re-write, but it's so hard to get motivated to take on the project when you see how much stuff is packed into the existing TD. First I make a list of what I'd like to have in such an application, then I list what (...) (22 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

(...) Personally, I think a rewrite would be a bad idea, although some reorganizing of the code might be good. (keep in mind I haven't seen the code) Typically what happens in largish software projects is they go along for a few years, adding (...) (22 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)