 Trains / 15076
  Current LEGO Sets on eBay

I periodically notice currently available LEGO sets on eBay for prices above suggested retail. I assume these items sell to individuals that are not familiar with LEGO Shop-At-Home or www.lego.com. For example, today I noticed one of LEGO's new sets (...) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Current LEGO Sets on eBay

(...) Yes, it does, but caveat emptor, of course. In this case since the early orders are going to get filled first, if the seller has actually ordered already, the buyer would get the item before he would if he ordered it for himself, by some (...) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Current LEGO Sets on eBay

(...) LEGO uses these words in their own ads. They mean "regular" stores when they say it, so it's not suprising that resellers would use that wording too. (...) Some people don't live in areas that have Lego sold locally (I know, it's scary) and (...) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Current LEGO Sets on eBay

(...) The crime here is not that the seller has used these words, but that the words themselves originate from LEGO. The only three words (used in LEGO advertising) that are worse than these 5 are the words "Hard to Find". The company is in some (...) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Current LEGO Sets on eBay

John Eric Voltin wrote in message ... (...) above (...) like This is a perennial problem, unfortunately. I wrote the Buying Lego FAQ (URL) (which needs updating, but still contains much useful info) as something I and others could link to from (...) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)