 Trains / 1503
Re: Train table construction and securing track
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 12:04:04 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Frank Filz writes:
I'm wondering how people secure their track to their train tables. I've
been thinking about the possibility of building up a foundation of
bricks to be able to have some scenery below track level. I know someone
has a web page which shows some "close enough" points to secure curved
track, but I'm curious as to how various people have dealt with this
issue.

I've had to deal with this in my roundhouse. (The 'securing track' part
not the 'scenery below track level' so much.)

  Near the turntable, I've used the screw holes in the center tie to keep
the rials aligned near the turntable itself. However, further into the
building, I've used some curved track to give me three parallel tracks,
which I've stabilized using a pair of large, grey baseplates below the
straight tracks. I haven't had to glue/tape the plates down, and the
screws on the three separate tracks provides some lateral stability.

  Sorry, no pictures yet. I tried, but the LEGO photos on the roll all
ended up black, even though other photos on the roll turned out. (And,
yes, the lens cap was removed for all of the pictures! ;-)

  I'll try to take some more pictures soon. In the meantime, you can get
an idea for the track layout on http://baylug.org/zonker/ltrh36.jpg, or
look on the bottom part of http://baylug.org/zonker/ZRondDom.html to
see my updated Round House page, using the PNLTC table design.

     -Z-