 Trains / 14794
    Re: Longest train, eh? (was: Two Easy Questions about Rolling Stock) —Reinhard "Ben" Beneke
   (...) Ok, I will change that text: it is obviously wrong - my mistake. But in real life speed records with trains have to be made in both directions and for long Lego train records, I am of the opinion that a record should only count if the long (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Longest train, eh? (was: Two Easy Questions about Rolling Stock) —Tony Hafner
     (...) I don't think we mentioned this particular record at the time. We don't have it documented and I'm totally going from memory. (...) No, the *loop* was more like 240 feet or so. I mean that the *train* was somewhere around 150 feet. The layout (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Longest train, eh? (was: Two Easy Questions about Rolling Stock) —Reinhard "Ben" Beneke
     (...) You really try to tell me you put a record train to track and have not documented it? That's too bad... How are we supposed to break your record, when we do not know what numbers are to beat? FGLTC records are quite clear: 1. - put more than (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Longest train, eh? (was: Two Easy Questions about Rolling Stock) —Tony Hafner
   (...) I checked your page again, and it looks like you added some other details as well regarding this. That's also a much "cleaner" record in the sense that you pulled it like a real train (front only). Very nice work! -- Tony Hafner (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)