 Trains / 14469
Re: Good news (and l3p feature request)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 15:52:24 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Don Heyse writes:
I was going to suggest suggest using my patch of 30562.dat:

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=2877

I figured l3p would substitute smooth cylinders for the 48/1-4cyli.dat
primitives to make the tank look much more realistic (like this):

http://ldglite.sourceforge.net/tank2.bmp

Unfortunately l3p doesn't seem to substitute for the hires primitives
so I had to remove the 48/ from all the primitives in 30562.dat to get
the picture above.

It has worked for me since June 2000:
http://home16.inet.tele.dk/hassing/l3p.html#version12
Quote: "Support for hi-res primitives
Primitives in P\48 and future numeric subdirectories of P are also
supported. L3P skips any digit-only directory before attempting primitive
substitution, and thus treats e.g. 48\1-4cyli.dat exactly like the ordinary
1-4cyli.dat"

Which brings me to my l3p feature request.  Is it possible to tell
l3p to substitute for pieces that it doesn't know about, or could l3p
be modified to guess based on the primitive naming conventions to
substitute for new round primitives as soon as they're created?

You mean like  http://home16.inet.tele.dk/hassing/l3p.html#vastprim
/Lars