 Trains / 14455
    12 v. "conversion" to 9v. questions —Mario Valdes-Lora
   Greetings, I have a question for those far more knowledgeable and experienced in LEGO trains on which I would greatly appreciate feedback. I recently became the happy owner of a 7740 in very good condition but I intend to run it on a 9v system (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: 12 v. "conversion" to 9v. questions —Frank Filz
   (...) 7740 is definitely an easy set to convert to 9v. I suggest two motors in the engine, and go ahead and replace the trucks on the cars with 9v wheels, they will go with the 9v motors better and definitely roll better. You may find you only need (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)