 Trains / 14380
Re: Designer's interview on LEGO.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 03:06:32 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Douglas Pegram writes:
Highlighted on TLG's website lately is an interview with one of their Train
theme designer/builders. Within the interview it is stated that he was
involved with the design of 4559 and 4565 as well as the more recent rolling
stock sold through S@H, I know a few of you don't like the lines of the
cargo railway, but I loved it. Anyway, posted next to the text are a few
pics of some of his "prototype only" designs and I can only hope that even a
few of those designs make it past the prototype stage....I really like his
work...hope to see more of HIS designs in the future  =)

I believe there was some discussion on this topic not too many days ago when
this section was first added to the trains area of the site.... what I think
the sense of it was this: those models were old prototypes, not new ones.

But if you like his work you need to go buy lots of My Own Train as it's his
work. (and My Own Train cars are a great source of parts as well as being
some of the best designs of late)