 Trains / 14016
Re: need advice on/ideas for the train setup I am working on
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 19:35:59 GMT

Well, I gots space trucks! http://people.atl.mediaone.net/kindustries/mcs/
My suggestion for your version is to make them modular. Modular is good :-D

Good luck!

--Kyle
http://hvl.cjb.net

In lugnet.trains, Jonathan Wilson writes:
I am going to be starting work on a futuristic (but still true to life
as far as operations go) freight setup, when my 4561 arrives.
The general story is that this is a manufacturing town, making stuff
that gets shipped to the freight terminal by container then offplanet by
spacetruck
The train itself will have an engine (running on some kind of futuristic
power source), a car for passengers, mail, small cargo, spare parts etc
and a container wagon (using the drop bed base from the 4561)
There will also be some buildings of some sort (gotta have some kind of
freight terminal)
And there will be some landing pads etc for the spacetrucks as well as
the spacetrucks themselves.

My questions are:
1.what structures, support equipment etc would you find around a typical
freight terminal? What sort of MOW/track repair vechicles might be seen
in such a setup? Would a handcart be appropriate? I wont be having a
crane (since this is the future and the containers have some kind of
antigrav or something) but what else would you find?
2.any resources, pictures (lego or otherwise) of (present day) freight
terminals out there?
3.are there any good sites about the freight trains themselves, what
sorts of cars they have, pictures etc? In particular, I need pictures of
container wagons. Pictures of lego freight stuff is also good.
4.are there any resources that detail the different types of freight
cars (hoppers, boxcars, flatcars, coal cars etc)?