 Trains / 13872
Re: Converting 220v transformer to 110v
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 04:03:59 GMT

Another question: How many amps do the LEGO transformers draw? Since I live
in an older house with outdated wiring, I want to be sure I don't overload
my circuits.

Not much at all.  If you are using 1A at 12V, it is 12W, or about 1/100th of a
average circut's capablity. (at least, approximately)  I doubt you are going to
come close to overloading ANY normal housewiring with a normal quantity of lego
or other train transformers.

James Powell