 Trains / 13866
Re: Converting 220v transformer to 110v
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 20:32:55 GMT

I would like to be able to use the LEGO transformer but I'm not thrilled
with using a 110v-220v step-up transfomer.

Mark<<

These really are easy to use. Radio Shack sells one which will work for $35 or
so. Tonight I'll get the info for the company I ended up buying some stuff from
(I bought a 200W step up, a euro power strip, and a couple adapters to use the
UK plug - I bought the 200W stepup because I want to run 2 or 3 transformers).

Frank

That wouldn't be so bad if I can get a euro power strip so I can run 2-3
transformers. I didn't want to buy a step-up transformer for each train
transformer.

Another question: How many amps do the LEGO transformers draw? Since I live
in an older house with outdated wiring, I want to be sure I don't overload
my circuits.