 Trains / 13754
  Re: Mindstorms Automatic Train Control Questions

(...) Thanks for sharing this idea. I would have thought this would cause the train to derail. This will make it much easier for me to reverse my trains. David (23 years ago, 29-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mindstorms Automatic Train Control Questions

(...) AGAINST (...) train (...) You could try to add some weigth to your train to prevent this from happening (if it does happen ;-). Especially the cars that are not motorized. My 2 cents Bye, Jurgen (23 years ago, 30-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mindstorms Automatic Train Control Questions

(...) No, it doesn't. The middle rail of the point[switch] is lightly sprung so that it can give way to a train coming the wrong way. The only derailment risk is if a long train is half-way across the point when you change direction. Then you get (...) (23 years ago, 30-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)