 Trains / 13731
Re: train decoupler
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 28 Oct 2001 09:07:09 GMT

Hi Mark,
Just build it... and you will see!!!
I just works simple and wonderfull...

I made a several designs, but this one
was the most easy and did the job best!

Regards
Gerrit

In lugnet.trains, Mark Williams writes:

I looked on recent updates;-)
I don't get it though.
JOSH

I see what he is doing. First, the drawing is semi-exploded. The piece with
the flat gear (the "arm") fits into the box with the motor. The overlapping
holes of the black and yellow beams fit over the rod sticking up from the
red, white, and blue plates. Also, a belt is missing between the pulleys.

The arm is retracted to let the train pass. Once the train is positioned,
the arm is extended. As the arm is extended, the red and white "pincers"
come together and fit between the cars. The polarity is reversed on the
motor and the arm is withdrawn. As the arm withdraws, the pincers spread and
force the cars apart.

Has this design actually been tested? I can't visualize how the pincers
would close enough to fit between the cars yet open wide enough to push them
apart, though.

Mark <<