 Trains / 13442
13441  |  13443
Subject:
More 'under construction' GMLTC pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 30 Sep 2001 18:01:26 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Yesterday I promised more pictures of the GMLTC layout, here they are.

Two buildings, a sand-red and white one by me, and a yellow one by Conan:
(I need to put some sort of "Hotel" sign on the marquee...)  A few of the
hotel rooms are detailed and lit, the rest are left dark.  The green awnings
are short on the first floor, because that's how close the train tracks are!
No, the pirate ship is not going to be part of the layout...  <grin>

A grey and brown hotel, started by Abner and finished by me.  This is a
"back row" building, it will be along the inside edge of the layout - that's
why it is only 12 studs deep!  Abner found 2x2 and 2x3 brown plates on sale
at LEGOLAND Carlsbad, and purchased a large quantity of each.
Overall view:  http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=73539
Cornice detail:  http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=73540
(Inspired by Christopher Tracey's cornice here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=70308)
Ground level detail:  http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=73541
Entrance detail, with our well qualified doorman by the 'red carpet':
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=73542  (A tiny dab of
plumber's putty holds his top-hat in place!)

Our second, smaller subway platform:

Finally, my small tribute to the victims of September 11th.  Two firemen,
two police officers, and a civilian pilot, with the military blowing "Taps":

We're still scrambling to get our fourth module done in time for its world
premier in Minot, North Dakota, in two weeks.  We've got a LOT left to do!!

As always, comments and suggestions are welcome!

JohnG, GMLTC