 Trains / 13330
  9v vs 12v motors

Is the 12v train motor physically the same size and shape as the 9v motor? I'm hoping that converting a 9v engine to a 12v is simply a matter of substitution. I have a 12v layout and want to add a Metroliner (among others) to it. (...) (23 years ago, 19-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9v vs 12v motors

(...) Yes, but the wheels look of course totally different. (...) Yes, can be done that way, but you need one extra 7865 motor for that. (...) My method is not 100% satisfieing, but I have done conversions for a 9V motor to run it on 12V track. (...) (23 years ago, 19-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)