 Trains / 13288
Re: 9V Train pieces - local sources?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 13:08:29 GMT

Best thing to do would be to buy a Train set.
Either 4561 (Not as good but you get a motor,wheels & couplers.)
Ozbricks has 4561 discounted to $205.00 until Sunday Midnight

And most people make there own wagon plates using standard plates with
Technic plates for the bogies to go through.
or 4565 if you can still get one (Try Lego Australia) .
You get all the bits you need plus heaps of other pieces.
Train wheels and couplers go for big dollars on Brickbay etc.
--
Jason King
LugNet #665

Edward Cox <ecox@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
Hi,

as a new 9V LEGO train builder am I looking for local (Australian) or US
sources for the following necessary pieces:

* 5300 Train Motor 9V

* 5304 Wheel sets

* 5303 Buffers and Magnetic Couplers

* 5309 Wagon Plate

(Other 9V train pieces?)

I believe those pieces should enable to me accomplish two things:

1. Upgrade/modify old 4.5/12V trains to 9V usage
2. Create new 9V trains and wagons (MOC's)

Anyone with suggestions and/or advice for purchase within Australia please
let me know.
(and please don't say  "try Shop@Home" because it's not available to
Australia.. yet).  ;-)

Kind Regards,