 Trains / 13109
13108  |  13110
Subject:
Rail Racers RCX control solution
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 18:42:50 GMT

After tiring of carry around all the heavy equipment that controled the Rail
Racers drag strip I have finally build a RCX 95% LEGO based control system.

This system not only offers a smaller amount of hardware but has some nice
new features that I lacked with the bigger system. The biggest of them being
automatic starting line return, a wireless remote control to trigger the
start and staging of the races, plus lights at the starting line signaling
the winner of the race.

I have documented the design I have built, at least the basics of it. I hope
to have more details on the custom Starting Light Tree soon.

I know a few clubs at Brickfest said they wanted to maybe add a Rail Racers
track to some of their shows but wanted a more LEGO solution to the system,
so I hope this helps.

(note that this diagram is not to scale)

Let me know if any one has any questions.

jt

James J. Trobaugh
North Georgia LEGO Train Club
http://www.ngltc.org