 Trains / 12774
Re: Train Weight Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 19:18:57 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Manfred Moolhuysen writes:
In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach writes:
The train motors have small rubber o-rings around the wheels, they are what
grips the rails to provide traction.  By putting extra weight in the
locomotive, it helps keep them from slipping.

I assume you ment to say this only for the old 12V train motors, and this is
not valid for the current 9V motors ?

I find better performance if I add weight, even to 9V motors. Or at least
design my models so that there is more of the weight over the powered truck
than the unpowered one...