 Trains / 12753
  Re: Train Weight Question

(...) The train motors have small rubber o-rings around the wheels, they are what grips the rails to provide traction. By putting extra weight in the locomotive, it helps keep them from slipping. I believe you can get the weights from Pitsco. Or, (...) (23 years ago, 1-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Weight Question

(...) Suffice to say...I think that this is a better choice! (and cheaper..a roll of pennies costs $.50, the weights are ~$6 or so... James Powell (23 years ago, 1-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Weight Question

(...) I assume you ment to say this only for the old 12V train motors, and this is not valid for the current 9V motors ? Greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (23 years ago, 1-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Weight Question

(...) No, the 9volt motors also have the rubber o-ring, it's just smaller and less noticable than the 12v ones. jt (23 years ago, 1-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Weight Question

(...) I find better performance if I add weight, even to 9V motors. Or at least design my models so that there is more of the weight over the powered truck than the unpowered one... (23 years ago, 1-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)