 Trains / 12611
  Re: what is the use of a caboose?

(...) Tram, There's a Tram less then a mile from were I live, and it has no over head power supply, and runs on 3 (yes 3) rail, the middle being a gear, to climb a steep grade (like 15% grade, or something). If Larry reads this he may know what i'm (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: what is the use of a caboose?

(...) We don't use the term tram for anything at all in the US, IIRC. The conveyance Josh is referring to runs down Quincy hill from the Quincy Mine to the MTU classroom mine (yes, it's a mine that has classrooms and labs where you get to drill in (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)