 Trains / 12522
Re: LEGO® Train Philosophy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 19:39:02 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Harvey Henkelman writes:
During my first year of being a LUGNET member, I have noticed that people
usually take one of two approaches when building their train MOC's. Either
they are as realistic as possible, or they are representational. Realising
that you can only include so much detail in LEGO®, I am approximate when it
comes to fitting all the pipes, levers, ect. on my models. I figure that
exacting detail is the domain of the NMRA, NEM, and similar organizations.

I tend to be like you.  I just approximate and include the details I can/want
to include.  That doesn't mean I havn't fallen into the trap of trying to be to
precise.  For example I have a model that I call a Boston and Maine GP40-2:

http://www.nelug.org/members/kingsley/train/bmgp40/

I think the only reason I called it that is because that is what was in the
pictures I was working from.  In reality you couldn't tell the difference
between this model and a GP38 or 4 or 5 other models.

Eric Kingsley