 Trains / 12483
12482  |  12484
Subject:
German TV at AFOL meeting near Goettingen
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 22:50:10 GMT

Hi all!

Today some AFOLS have had a small meeting at the home of Karl-Heinz (risk a
look at his homepage, mainly dedicated to old Lego stuff)
http://www.planet-interkom.de/lfreak/

We have made up a small train layout with some rolling stock of mine and houses
mainly belonging to Harald (called Kimschi). We had lots of fun while the
weather was great. The experience to talk in front of a camera was quite
strange and I hope I have not talked to many senceless rubbish. It was partly
hard not to laugh if we had to repeat a real life scene 5 times more (because
always something happend, wich killed the scene. But if you have to say the
fith time "Oooohhh!" when a 118 engine sturts to run after a whistle is
blown, you have problems not to break out in loud laugh...

If you are interested in the mini-train-layout we put together, take a look at
the following brickshelf galery:

Even I have seen some highly rare sets, which I have never seen before. I was
really impressed by the set 803 box: you can turn a gear weel from outside and
bring another gear and shaft in the inside of the box to rotation!
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=57876  (and the two following
pictures - I know that's not on topic in lugnet trains, but it was a highly
interesting experience.)

Kind Regards,

Ben