 Trains / 12143
12142  |  12144
Subject:
Rail Racers at Brickfest reminder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 15:08:35 GMT

As we all know Castle people have their "Brickwars", and the Pirate people
have their Pirate game, well we LTD's have Rail Racers and we will be racing
next weeked at Brickfest. Unlike the other "games" Rail Racers doesn't
depend on luck, there are no dice, no rulers, no points; just pure skill.
Not only do you have to be quick with your driving skills, you have to build
a good racer.

So if you are planning on being at the fest, get your Rail Racer ready and
put your skills to the test agaist the other drivers.

Here is a recap of the guidelines for a racer:

    1) train must be no longer than 4 sections of track
    2) train must consist of an engine and one "rolling stock" (basically
there should be two parts to the racer)
    3) a driver must be able to ride in the train
    4) only one engine
    5) must be 12wide or less

You can see some examples of the races and racers at the following links:

http://www.ngltc.org/NMRA2001/races/index.htm

Look forward to seeing everyone there.

jt

-----