 Trains / 11980
Re: a good reference book?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 23:34:24 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ace Kim writes:
i'm sort of on the verge of diving into trains and was wondering what some
good reference books would be to pick up, ones that have some nice detailed
pictures and such.

I would search the web first, there is tons of stuff on trains just use a good
search engine like www.google.com

also, what's this debate of 8-wide versus 6-wide? i don't quite get it.

Basically its the width of the train scaled against the track.. Legos Standard
6 wide when scaled against the track is smaller then it should be to some
degree. I myself hang in between... I actually believe 7 wide is more to scale.
however, thats only my opinion and I like all 6,7,8 wides.. Then if your a
really brave soul you can try the 14 wides but, I will let someone else explain
that one.... You'll never ever see my 7 wides, I like to keep those secret for
myself... Plus being it an odd number you can do some really neat tricks..
maybe one day I will let people see them...

Considering you are new, I would say experiment and see what you like... Some
days 6 wides feel better then 8 wides and visa verse other days...

Wayne

thanks.
ace