 Trains / 1193
  Is it too late for a new comer?

Like so many others, Mindstorms brought me out of my dark age, and soon my interest has grown beyond Technic. Recently I bought a set of Metro Liner from ebay. Frankly when I learned that I won the bid my feeling was mixed, for the set was pricey (...) (25 years ago, 10-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Is it too late for a new comer?

Hi ! Glad to see another train fan come on board! (no pun intended) ;-) Passenger and commuter trains are harder to realistically produce without those special pieces, like windows and doors. Have you thought about freight trains? They are much (...) (25 years ago, 10-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Is it too late for a new comer?

Yes! (ala Marv Albert) Welcome to trainstrainstrains!! You are right about the specialty pieces-- they add that little something standard bricks cannot, especially the doors and windows. And yes, they are *way* too expensive! Why can't TLG make a (...) (25 years ago, 11-May-99, to lugnet.trains)