 Trains / 11750
    Strength in Flat cars? —Jake McKee
   All, I am curious how everyone has been able to add strength to flat cars and cars without alot of upright support. How do you avoid the weak middle and bowing? Thanks! Jake --- Jake McKee AFOL LUGNET Member #211 (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Strength in Flat cars? —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) Same way that real railcar designers do... use a center beam that puts the floor under tension if it bends. ++Lar (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Strength in Flat cars? —Josh Baakko
     (...) Are you useing the stock lego Train frame? If not build, the base 2 plates thick, then add a frameing rib underneath (this do this in real life you know...). Josh (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Strength in Flat cars? —Christopher Masi
   (...) Hi, I have two different flat cars. One design has a beam that runs down the center. The car is two plates thick, and the beam is one brick and 1 plate tall (in addition to the 2 plates of flat car). My other design has beams that run down the (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)