 Trains / 11123
Re: New 8-wide passenger train online!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2001 15:15:19 GMT

Holger Matthes wrote:

Hi John,

You *have* been busy, HoMa!  An excellent creation, and wonderfully detailed • as
well!  Very nice:-)

Thanks!

I have a question about the drivers-- they appear to be LEGO, although the • outer
rims appear metal....

That's right. Another AFOL from the german forum asked his metall-working
colleagues if it would be possible to make some aluminium rims for the old
spoked wheels - and it WAS possible. The engine runs brilliant on the tracks.

Ah, I wondered if that was the handiwork of Ben's friend....  I'm glad to hear
that they work!  I like this kind of innovation, because I fear that such train
specific elements (large drivers, etc) may not be on TLC's short list of parts to
create in the near future-- this solution is a nice compromise!  Do you know whose
idea it was to create such a modification?

-John

Also, no need to follow-up to .build; just cross-post to .trains and .build. • We
certainly want discussions about your beautiful train here in .trains as well!

Sorry for that!

Thanks for posting!

You're welcome ;-)

HoMa