 Trains / 11084
Re: Where to start
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2001 00:29:51 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Kevin Wilson writes:
Steve Chapple wrote in message ...
I hadn't encountered this myself as I don't use them for my container
cars, (though I'm planning to lengthen a red one to get the overhang
for my engine) but I checked a few 3737 plates that I got a few • months
ago and they indeed are quite warped.  There's enough room to slide a
plate under one corner and not touch the 3737 wagonplate.   :-(

I noticed when I got some of the black train-packs which included the
wagon plate, that the way they are packaged encourages warpage. You
have one large flat plate plus a selection of lumpy things (tm) in a
bag, not a box, and of course if you pile a load of them in a big box
the plates are going to be bent and stressed by the weight above them.
Seems like  problem waiting to happen to me.

Kevin
-
Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com
Brickbay Lego parts store: http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=Kevinw1
eBay Lego auctions: http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/kevinw1/
The Guild of Bricksmiths: http://www.bricksmiths.com
Personal Lego Web page:

Yeah, and how the new sets have the parts in sealed bags, not they holy
ones, I know the sealed ones keep the tires soft longer, but...
Also latly I'v found that some parts in the bulk brick tubs and other sets
have had a blck film on them, then you get it on your hads and it travels
around your parts.
Josh