 Trains / 10711
Re: what is the rarest train set?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2001 20:49:59 GMT

ben medinets wrote:

In lugnet.trains, Harvey Henkelman writes:
In lugnet.trains, Jonathan Wilson writes:
What train set is the rarest or the one that fetches the most money on
ebay?
If you're talking about the 9V series only, then the Metroliner set is by
far the most sought after set and commands the highest price. The 4551
Crocodile engine comes as a close second. -Harvey

I think Crocodile engine is more rarer and tends to always sell high on
E-bay...if you add the club Car to the Metroliner and you are always going
to have to pay big bucks....

Not really - 4558s without boxes have been going for $200 or less lately.
I've seen ones WITH boxes for right at $200.

I won my last Metroliner on Ebay for $160 INCLUDING shipping from Germany to
the US.  He packed it in a nice plastic tub inside of the cardboard box.  And
the lot included a Clubcar, 2 circles of track, 10-15 straight pieces, and 2
switches.  Sure, it wasn't MISB, but who cares, I just wanted it for parts.

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/