 Trains / 10654
  Small Gauge Train Tracks ??

Are there any commonly-used custom track styles that can accomodate the small train wheels on a 4-stud-wide scale? That is to say, if you have the small train wheels mounted on a 2x2 plate w/ two axle posts off the sides, what can you build to use (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Small Gauge Train Tracks ??

(...) Shaun- You can use the 4.5 volt track and it works rather nicely, although I'm not sure if the curves work out correctly. -John (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Small Gauge Train Tracks ??

(...) 4.5v track will work for straights, but the curves won't. I did experiment though with 12v track. By using the conductor rail, you can get a semi-workable narrow guage. The problem is that the conductor rails aren't quite centered on the stud (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More Useless Info (was: Small Gauge Train Tracks ??)

(...) Incidentally, I remember when I was a kid noticing that HO scale trains actually run OK in 4-wide tracks - they run on the lower edge of the flange. Pretty useless but I just thought I'd throw it in 8?) ROSCO (23 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Small Gauge Train Tracks ??

(...) I went throught the various pictures I have of trains and found this one: (URL) person used the 1x4 plate with two axle posts and used regular 9v track. Russell (23 years ago, 11-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)