 Trains / 10663
Re: Small Gauge Train Tracks ??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 03:56:21 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Shaun Sullivan writes:

Are there any commonly-used custom track styles that can accomodate the
small train wheels on a 4-stud-wide scale?  That is to say, if you have
the small train wheels mounted on a 2x2 plate w/ two axle posts off the
sides, what can you build to use for track?  I would like to make a
small equipment cart that follows rails, and while I have a number of
small train wheels and axles to pin them on, I have nothing for them to
run on right now.

The small wheels I'm talking about are the ones found in set #4541, the
Road-n-Rail Service Truck:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4541

Any thoughts or ideas?  I'm hoping there might be a universally used
method that works beautifully, but which I haven't stumbled on yet,
being rather new to all things train.   Thanks in advance ...

I went throught the various pictures I have of trains and found this one:

This person used the 1x4 plate with two axle posts and used regular 9v track.

Russell