 Trains / 10362
    Steepest grade? —Ross Crawford
   Hi all. What have you experienced layout creators found to be the steepest usable grade with Lego trains? Thanks ROSCO (23 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Steepest grade? —James Powell
      (...) grade (...) 2 plates per section of straight, 1 per curve. I have used up to 4 plates/section, but it provides much excitement going down (rather than going up) James (23 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Steepest grade? —Adrian Egli
   In my ramp designs, I'd say 2 plates for either straight or curved is the max for an uphill. Make yor uphill too steep and you'll experience wheel spin but no foreward movement and possible damageto the rail (it's happened to me). Downhill, on the (...) (23 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)