 Trains / 10138
Re: First draft of my gravel silo MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 19:10:04 GMT

Nice job Frank. It's funny that I've been working on a simlair project.
Recently I finished a hopper car design that can be unload with a set of
spring loaded doors on the bottom. The idea is that I'm going to have a RCX
be able to unload the cars if they are full, and fill them if they're empty.
I'm currently working on a scale using a rotation sensor and some old 4.5
track to figure out if the hoppers are loaded. If so I'll dump the contents
into a bin under the scale (thus the reason for the 4.5 track).

At this weekends NGLTC show I'll see if I can get some good shots of the
hopper cars and their unloading doors. Soon I hope to get some shots of the
rest of the gravel/grain/coal loading/unloading station.

Keep up the good work and keep us up to date on your progress.

jt

In lugnet.trains, Frank Buiting writes:
Hi,

I have just uploaded some pictures of the gravel silo I was working on. You
can find the pics here:

The building was based on a picture in the Kibri catalog (1999/2000). I plan
to also build an unloading station with conveyor belt to automaticaly fill
the hopper or dump truck. So this is actually just a part of the whole
complex...
In this picture:
You can see the switch where you can select on what side the gravel is
dumped.
It's still a work in progress so I'll add more details later on. I'm also
planning to make stickers for the yellow plaque and 'max height' stickers
for the overhead clearance.

LMKWYT!

-Frank Buiting