 Trains / *9194 (-10)
  Re: Bulk bricks for trains

(...) I see. You are certainly right; the Amtrak trains do not have square windows. Since I haven't started modeling passenger trains I haven't really thought about it much, but I think the square windows look good, even if they are not (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there

(...) Grr. Well, the work-drive-setup-dis...drive-work cycle doesn't appeal to me, not with only 1 or 2 other people to share the load, but.... I'm in. Grr. No guarantees about not going postal after the show, though. I'll take the van down, which (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Bulk bricks for trains

(...) Actually, I destroyed them because I didn't like the proportions. I finally realized that the gray windows were too large to scale to be used if one wanted to prototype US passenger cars. My Hiawathas show proper proportions. Now, I just need (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Bulk bricks for trains

(...) Are you destroying the gray ones to complete your Hiawatha cars or are you building a new Amtrakish train too? Chris (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  My arch bridge (was Re: My newest creation, Hell Gate Bridge NY)

(...) Unless I get a large (a few hundred) influx of beams, I'm only going to have the one arch bridge. Given that it's the only one in the world, it's more important (especially with the bridges <grin> trying to be built between LEGO trains and (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there

(...) Well the deadline (to commit) is tomorrow, and with it being the largest model train show in Canada, if felt strongly enough that there should be a LEGO presence there that I have committed myself to attending and putting on a display on my (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  RE: Track Question

Michael You are correct for 9v. the voltage is applied to whichever direction the switch is selected to. My son Martin found out the hard way when he changed one switch, it applied the voltage, and plowed my 4565 into my newly traded MetroLiner! You (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Track Question

When you create a siding using two switches does the track not in use become isolated ? this does not work for 12v but I think it does for 9v because the direction of the switch determines which line carries the current. What I want is to have two (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Bulk bricks for trains

(...) Thanks, Bryan. I use these for all of my passenger cars. The car you selected has been selected for extinction;-) Here are my newest versions: (URL) (I try to use the 4 wide version <6081> as much as possible). -John (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Bulk bricks for trains

Outstanding... Between the tiles and the curved top pieces, this set looks like a good one for train parts. Thanks for the link, Dan. -- Bryan "Dan Boger" <dan@peeron.com> wrote in message news:20001214094441....xif.com... (...) curved (...) they (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact