 Trains / *782 (-5)
  Re: Electrical Things (was: Railroad Dilemma)

(...) So would I, because it's not true! As I've said this many times, it's plain and simple variable DC voltage with 6 steps. Look at... (URL) (...) Also not true. The resistance of the motor is not enough to determine the current it will draw (...) (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Original wagon designs

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <36E3BEC5.743B03BE@v...er.net>... (...) Looking at the pictures, it appears that all three covers are slideable (sp) . There are handles on both end covers. George (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Electrical Things (was: Railroad Dilemma)

(...) If you have any URL's where people have reported on this, I'd be interested. (...) Yep - it was ohmmeter across unpowered moter. I did think about directly measuring the current with the motor running, but my multimeter has a maximum current (...) (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Electrical Things (was: Railroad Dilemma)

(...) I'm not sure I agree that the voltage is variable. People have reported (via oscilloscope analysis) that it's pulse width modulated 9V instead. This will read on an analog meter like a low voltage, because it's taking the average across time. (...) (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Railroad Dilemma

How have you got this working? I sat down and had a long think about it last night, and played checked out my points with a multimeter to see which circuits get broken when you move the points, and I can see that you need to cut the rail on both (...) (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact