 Trains / *532 (-10)
  Re: AUSTRIAN RAIL CAR

(...) US practice as well. Other terms for such a beast are Doodlebug and RDC. (Rail Diesel Car), both of which originally referred to the products of a specific firm. The notion is that one of these units can take the place of a whole train, (...) (26 years ago, 7-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: AUSTRIAN RAIL CAR

(...) Argh. So much for being 9V complete. at least until I check to see what I have. Maybe I got lucky... (26 years ago, 7-Feb-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: HELLO!!!??????

In a situation where f2f contact is not possible (such as here), being as precise as possible is necessary to insure misunderstandings and unnecessary flamages don't occur. Just refer to it as 4551 or the name Lego calls it, not "Rail car" or (...) (26 years ago, 6-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  (canceled)

  fitting lamps inside 1x1 side stud bricks

I made a minor redesign to my trolley again. I have made another Red one, but the import addition is the light inside the 1x1 side-stud bricks. So the light are now lights. I bought several small 12V lamps from Radio Shack (a lower voltage lamp (...) (26 years ago, 5-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: AUSTRIAN RAIL CAR

I too have both variants of 4563, although I only have instructions for 1 version. I have both versions of 4551, with instructions. Jonathon Huw Millington wrote in message ... (...) I'll (...) (26 years ago, 5-Feb-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: AUSTRIAN RAIL CAR

(...) The Great Book of Trains by Brian Hollingsworth & Arthur Cook has a photo of No. 1020.14 in red with white stripe and a 2 page drawing of No. 1020.38 also red with white stripe. There is also an photo of No. 1020.41 in the colour of dark (...) (26 years ago, 5-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Train "tyres"

I don't know if anyone else has found a solution to the lack of spare tyres in the UK for 12 volt trains, but I have found a much more durable substitute. Heat shrink cable sleeving. and it works! Peter Simpson sterling@interalpha.co.uk (26 years ago, 5-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: AUSTRIAN RAIL CAR

John Neal wrote (...) Railcar (all one word) is used in Brit practice to refer to an engine-and-carriage (passenger car) all in one combination. Usually diesel. They were in use quite early - before WWII I think - on the GWR (not a GWR buff myself, (...) (26 years ago, 5-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: AUSTRIAN RAIL CAR

"you keep using that word...." (...) (26 years ago, 5-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact