 Trains / *4922 (-10)
  Re: 8 wide Metroliner

(...) I don't know if you noticed but I used dark gray inverse slopes underneath. They really help hint at the curvature the way light gray or black do not. It was a total accident, I had alot of dark gray slopes and diddn't have many light gray (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 wide Metroliner

Looks a lot like the real metroliner, although the loco looks a little uhh... fast for this train. (I'm looking at a pic in the book "Supertrains", which is a great book for pics of fast trains) Alan Random set: <set:6373> (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Containers

I've been building my trailers 6x28 so when I start working on some containers, I am going to use the same size. Never seen the 1651, now that is cool. (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Containers

Carbon 60 wrote in message ... (...) have (...) sea (...) different (...) fill (...) Oh, cool. There's the 1x6x5 window in another color - grey (or is it white)! With shutters to boot. Frank (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: 8 wide Metroliner

Neat. You got the RDC shell appearance as close as you can without being able to do the tumblehome. Better than John did, actually. But man that's a lot of corrugated! (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 wide Metroliner

That's the one. Here's my version: (URL) 6 wide and uses no train windows (except for the doors). I liked that currogated brick design so much I had to try it out. I used the pictures of the o gauge metroliner at the train show for the (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Containers

Oh man, why didn't TLG do all their containers the same as 1651?? The Ccolor Line and Maersk newer promo sets use 4x12 containers. They're plug compatible, at least sort of. I use a 2x2 tile every 4 studs so a 4x8 has 2 and a 4x12 has 3. Most of the (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: 8 wide Metroliner

Thanks, Kev. I have pics on your site;-) (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Containers

(...) There is a standard LEGO Container size which lorries, trucks and the 1991 sea ports all used - 4x8 in plan. The Maersk and Color Line trucks have different size containers. Set 1651 the old Maersk truck: (URL) 6 wide containers I think they (...) (25 years ago, 12-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Containers

I've been on and off thinking about containers (for ships, trucks, and trains). One of the things I'm wondering is if all the LEGO sets which have containers use the same dimensions? The other thing I'm wondering is if I should set my own standards (...) (25 years ago, 12-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact