 Trains / *4772 (-20)
  Re: Model of MATRA VAL System

(...) How about just "Size" ? Sounds simple enough... K. (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Great posts( was Re: Apathy? (was: WAMALUG's GATS Layout was a huge success!)

I hate "me too" posts but what an excellent post. If we ever get to excluding people who love the brick just because they love it in a different way, we've failed. Just because castle isn't my cup of tea doesn't mean I can't hurt my jaw in amazement (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Apathy? (was: WAMALUG's GATS Layout was a huge success!)

(...) That it was called GMLTC is relatively new, but it has existed for many many years. It started as just Conan and his uncle but when Conan got a job at LIC MOA everyone else that worked there started going over to his house to build, then the (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: DCC and LEGO Trains

(...) Drat. We really need two outputs, one constant and one controlled, and two inputs, one constant and one controlled. (...) Right. I knew that. I just remembered it AFTER I pressed the send button. Sigh. Thanks for the reminder though (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC and LEGO Trains

(...) that won't work with the current setup, since the upper power connection is controlled seperatly from the speed - that way the lights don't dim when you slow down the train. (which is cool on it's own). Perhaps it's possible not to do that, (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Model of MATRA VAL System

(...) Well put. Most of us except for Mr 8wide himself are happy to see others prosper in their chosen "scale" (1). 8wide needs to ease up or publicly acknowledge he's just always in "working the gag mode" as his fanaticism could be taken the wrong (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGOfest? (was Re: Talgo Update: Amtrak Cascadish Gull-Wing Car)

Erm, never mind. It's just a rumor at this point, nothing may come of it, and I was speaking out of turn. Please forget about it till you hear more. If you do. (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: DCC and LEGO Trains

I'm just spouting off... but one thing about the way DCC was implemented by Tom that struck me was.... why not allow multiple motors to be controlled by one receiver? I admit I only skimmed it. Suppose that in addition to modifying motors to install (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Newbie questions

(...) I still have brand new couplers, magnets and holders for sale----$2.50/pair bogie plates---- $1.75/pair Train motors and side pieces-- $19. That's about 30% off S@H's prices. LMK Crosspost to .market.b-s-t -John (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Model of MATRA VAL System

(...) BTW, that someone is *me*{:^D -John (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Model of MATRA VAL System

(...) Just trying to be diplomatic. (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Newbie questions

(...) AFAIK There are very few stores that sell track other than shop at home. There was a thred a while ago on one of the groups that mentioned that stores that wont carry the full lego line, they cant carry the full trains line. -- Jonathan Wilson (...) (25 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Model of MATRA VAL System

(...) What do you mean "Good Natured"? Divide and Conquer - The right way will win the day! Jon (...) (25 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Newbie questions

Hey y'all: Okay, so I now have the dreadful Railway Express. Now I want more track, those 6 x 28 wagon plates (except in black), bogieplates, buffers, magnets, and couplers, wheelsets, etc. What's the best route here? Who sells train stuff besides (...) (25 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  LEGOfest? (was Re: Talgo Update: Amtrak Cascadish Gull-Wing Car)

Did I miss something? Are one of the clubs planning on presenting a display at the LEGOfest? I was debating on whether to plan a trip out there this summer, but heck if there is going to be a club display there also I'm definitely coming out to see (...) (25 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Apathy? (was: WAMALUG's GATS Layout was a huge success!)

(...) What Chris didn't see was the initial look of horror on my face, after not being there all day, stuck at work, thinking of nothing all day but being there to help tear down and collect my pieces, only to see one of my better creations lately (...) (25 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Remote Points

I seleniod switch, and DCC are very interesting ideas. They are unpure, I guess, but it is not like you are painting or cutting bricks. I have two motorized points, and at $25 (estimate on motor and parts) each a nonLEGO solution, especially if it (...) (25 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Model of MATRA VAL System

At the moment there are two LEGO scale trains, the six-wide and the eight-wide. Someone is working on a third scale, 14-wide. Current opions are that both scales are perfectly valid. Each size has its advantages and disadvangtages. But talking about (...) (25 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Model of MATRA VAL System

John Neal wrote in message <38C12E15.3EE71CE7@u...st.net>... (...) But... what if I made the car taller? (^: (...) Did I do the windows ok? The narrow ones are suposed to be doors (shrug). Black peices look like tinted windows. Iain -- tokama (URL) (...) (25 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Model of MATRA VAL System

Jean-marc Détraz wrote in message ... (...) Paris (...) I have planned a trip for late May/early June to visit Montreal (appr. 4h from Toronto by LRC, right?) to ride the Metro on the Saturday, and visit La Ronde on Sunday (big coaster buff here!). (...) (25 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact