 Trains / *4297 (-20)
  Re: Too Much Track

(...) Around 200 pieces is the max outward from a connector. I try to limit myself to 100 pieces (straight/curve, the points have _way_ more resistance), and it seems to work OK at that. You cannot add a 2nd transformer unless you separate the track (...) (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Portland GATS

All, BTW: We will be showing at the GATS a week from Sat Feb 19-20 in Portland, OR. We will be showing many new models (as seem at OMSI) and the first 6-wide "Diver Theme" submarine monorail! All are welcome to "drop in" for the show! Here is a URL (...) (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  7 new pics

Hi All, I just added 7 new pics on the www.PNLTC.org site under Galleries, Omsi 99. SteveB (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Wamalug at the Greenberg Train Show this weekend!

Well, the time is upon us! We have our first Train Show tomorrow and Sunday, at the Show Place Arena in Upper Marlboro, Maryland. We are very excited, and we'd like to invite everyone in the area to come and see us there! For admission information (...) (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.md, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.loc.us.dc)

  Re: Too Much Track

(...) AFAIK it is not really required to add an extra transformer, instead add an extra connection to another part of the track to the same transformer and it should work fine. -Frank (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Too Much Track

I have a question that I know one of you train heads out there can answer. I recently purchased some additional track to expand my layout, and found that the resistance of the track quickly overcame the voltage of the transformer. Does anyone have (...) (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 vs. 6 (was: Excited to Finally be here...)

On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Mike Poindexter (<Fpqzvn.MB4@lugnet.com>) wrote at 04:16:35 (...) How about just AR - artistically right. (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 vs. 6 (was: Excited to Finally be here...)

(...) Neither are most Lego fans. I mention Minifigs to people buying Lego at work and they give me a blank look. It's kinda sad actually. =/ (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 vs. 6 (was: Excited to Finally be here...)

(...) I suppose Lego trains could be L6 for 6 wide and L8 for 8 wide. Anybody else want to start a Lego Train Scale naming convention? Mike (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 vs. 6 (was: Excited to Finally be here...)

(...) Ahh, if you phrase it "What scale are LEGO trains?",a question the GMLTC hears constantly at train shows, the answer is a quick "L" scale (the GP isn't savvy enough to handle "MF";-) What scale it approximates with respect to model (...) (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More pictures of my Dash-8/9/? model

D'oh! I saw your title and thought that you meant a DeHaviland Dash 8, not a GE DASH 8/9! (The DeHaviland is an airplane, not a locomotive.) -Cheese (...) (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  More pictures of my Dash-8/9/? model

Well, I finally got my digital camera and got it up and running, so I made up a quick and dirty web page to share it. Please let me know what you think. (URL) (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New picts Cisalpino Passenger train

(...) My "set list" at my web site is a bit old. I'm not sure how many more LEGO sets I've acquired since I made that list. (Not very good with accounting.) Maybe the set count is at 500 or so, now? Not really sure. For the former 430 set count list (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 vs. 6 (was: Excited to Finally be here...)

(...) It's all relative. Five minutes to replace a few bricks versus Several months painstaking skilled modelmaking/painting. I know which I'd rather do! (cue 'age of instant gratification ruining classic creative toys' debate) Jon (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 vs. 6 (was: Excited to Finally be here...)

(...) Well, I'm not so sure about the robust construction even when dropped part. I think most creations disassemble themselves when dropped on the floor. The difference from fine-scale models is that chances are nothing actually broke, and even if (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 vs. 6 (was: Excited to Finally be here...)

I agree with William here - there is so much more to model trains* than the phsical realism of the models. I would love to explore automated operation, bar-coded freight yards and more 'realistic' operation, all possible using Lego trains of course. (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New picts Cisalpino Passenger train

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message news:FpqBAD.2Hr@lugnet.com... (...) have (...) guys (...) as (...) large (...) comes (...) covering (...) I will second that. My collection grows faster an cheaper when I buy with the intent to (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Monorails

Wow I see what you mean.It looks a bit fragile ! I think a monorail would take up less room and of course they can throw themselves into reverse automatically. (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New picts Cisalpino Passenger train

(...) I don't think James has that much, he's just a shrewd builder. As to how people afford large collections, I know people that have very large collections who have got there with a budget of 500 a year... the rest comes from shrewd trading (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New picts Cisalpino Passenger train

(...) Those pictures are slick. I have been very impressed with the work i have seen many of you do. I dont have a ton of lego. Maybe 200 sets. You guys (and girls) seem to have lego out the wazoo. What do you people do for a living to be able to (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact