 Trains / *4232 (-20)
  Re: 8 vs. 6 (was: Excited to Finally be here...)

The width of Lego track is almost exactly the same as Lionel, which is about equal to "O", or close enough for all intents and purposes of this discussion. The last time I was in a train store (1 week ago) I looked at the "O" scale and Lionel trains (...) (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 vs. 6 (was: Excited to Finally be here...)

No, no I meant my post as something independent of the stuff you all were discussing, jesting, about. I just want to know the thought process behind 6 or 8 wide. I have followed several threads but it just isn't clear to me. The only thing I can (...) (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Centipede Train

Yesterday while browsing multiple train sites, I came across someone who built a type of centipede train using the LEGO Insectoid legs. They said it was really fun to watch when used on a curved track. However, I failed to bookmark the site and now (...) (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Favorite Lego Train?

(...) How about for people who didn't buy a hopper but want a set of instructions to build one? Russell (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 vs. 6 (was: Excited to Finally be here...)

Nick & John & All, I was jesting in fun, no offense to John or anything, I guess I should have posted to off-topic.fun or something. I think John is a great guy. I have to experiment a little with the 6 / 8 debate. I have a lot of trains, I have not (...) (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  8 vs. 6 (was: Excited to Finally be here...)

I have a question about the 8 vs. 6 wide. It revolves around the track width. Given that the 8 wide is approximately related to O scale, what width do the tracks suggest the scale to be? Personally, I have never seen a train that was only as wide as (...) (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Excited to finally be here...

Carrie- I thought that you might think Scott's admonition rather cryptic so I thought I'd clarify for you. But first, welcome! I think it is an exciting time to be a trainiac:-) Now, about the 8 wide crack;-) some of us aren't happy with the toyish (...) (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Favorite Lego Train?

(...) Send me an email. I could not decode your antispam, and I only have the web interface so am not sure how to see *all* message headers. For all people who bought a hopper before I made instructions part of the package I am offering a printed (...) (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Three Car Airport Shuttle

Scott E. Sanburn wrote in message <38A00ED4.5C16FF1@cl...eb.net>... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) So far the motor seems to handle the load just fine. It definitely prefers to pull the two car load instead of pushing it however. I would be (...) (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Excited to finally be here...

Carrie, Welcome to train world! Be careful of 8 wide, and you'll be fine! ;) Scott S. (...) (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Three Car Airport Shuttle

(...) Excellent. I would love to see another monorail - train supplement for custom monorail trains. Does the motor bog down at all when you add more cars? Great job, Mike! Scott S. ___...___ Scott E. Sanburn-> ssanburn@cleanweb.net Systems (...) (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trainwheel rubbers?

(...) It's about the rubbers rims on the 12V motors, it prevents the wheels from skidding over the track. I have the same problem as Arjen with my 12V motors, I talked to the LEGO Customer Service and they told me that they are out of replacements (...) (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Grey elastical thingies .... was: Trainwheel rubbers?

(...) I'm sorry, it's probably a shortcoming of my knowledge in the english language. I mean the grey elastical thingies that are put around the wheels of a train locomotive to prevent the locomotive from slipping. I hope this clears something up. (...) (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Favorite Lego Train?

(...) Most people don't get asked this question... (...) high school assignment, sorry.) I wish my teachers would have asked this type of thing...I just love my Union Pacific diesel switcher. It's tough, speedy and can pull just about anything I (...) (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Excited to finally be here...

Hi all, Now I can ask train questions and get a reply, not just wait for someone else to hopefully answer it for me in a later post. Thanks LUGNET and the trains group, you provide lots of information. Time to visit! Carrie (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Favorite Lego Train?

(...) Hmm, somehow I think this HP 2100 is a little more powerfull and usefull than the HP 2100 I learned to program on... (that HP 2100 was essentially a PDP-8 clone). This post just jumped out of the Lugnet summary listings and begged to be (...) (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Three Car Airport Shuttle

This evening I added a third car to my Airport Shuttle (6399). I am sure I am not the first person to do this but I have not seen any other pictures of one. This is my version of a three car Airport Shuttle: (URL) I had more red train windows (I (...) (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Pictures of my engine (Dash - ? copy)

I only had one model built that I was truly proud to bring to my first WAMALUG meeting (A great time, I might add), and Dan was nice enough to take a few pictures of it and put it up on his page. Check it out and let me know what you think: (URL) (...) (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Home layouts

(...) Jon, My theoretical helix has not been made reality yet. The Lego budget has been used for acquiring parts from Todd's AucZILLA auction to make copies of Larry's hopper car among other things. The theoretical helix is really a rounded off (...) (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Favorite Lego Train?

(...) Yes I realize that, but I haven't found a way to simulate lumber yet where my 4 year old can easily "play" with it. She likes cars where she can remove what they carry and switch them around. So the bulkhead was both sturdy enough for the play (...) (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact