 Trains / *32325 (-10)
  Re: IT'S TOO DARN QUIET!!!!!!

(...) Thanks John The only thing I know for certain is that they cost me a lot more than 2 cents! I have built up quite a fleet of some of these cars, I have a sizable unit train of both spine cars (6x3) and bulk carriers (6x2) which are both very (...) (17 years ago, 23-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Long Span Suspension Bridge?

(...) Here's a 288 stud bridge Bob Kojima built: (URL) next to see a few more pictures. Frank (17 years ago, 22-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Long Span Suspension Bridge?

(...) I built one a couple of years ago that spans 128 studs, with two tracks. It's pretty minimal. I used double 1x16 technic bricks to support the deck, then combinations of technic bricks for the trusses. The deck is just strips of 2x16 plates (...) (17 years ago, 22-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Long Span Suspension Bridge?

(...) Dave- All our public images are posted on the (URL) SCLTC website>. This (URL) will take you to every photo that contains a bridge. Just click on the ones that interest you for a larger image. I'll gather some photos of the newest bridge and (...) (17 years ago, 22-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Long Span Suspension Bridge?

(...) Ted, Once again, you come through in spades! You always seem to have the answers I'm looking for. Do you have a Brickshelf folder or image gallery on the web where I can find a bunch of close-up pictures of your truss bridges? I want to get a (...) (17 years ago, 22-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Electronic brick (1968) schematics?

(...) Yeah, I understand. The standards on LUGNET have sunk to the point where just about *anyone* can post. I mean just *imagine* getting something as basic as that wrong... sheesh... (...) Funny, my students in my 100-level astronomy class said (...) (17 years ago, 22-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Long Span Suspension Bridge?

(...) How about some anecdotal pictures? This cable stayed bridge spans 192 studs and this arched truss bridge spans 288: (URL) This over truss bridge spans 192 studs: (URL) This under truss spans 192 studs and passed the 16 pound bowling ball in (...) (17 years ago, 22-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

"Dave Sterling smsrallysport.com>" <dave@ <spamsucks> wrote in message news:Jv2A1L.BAr@lugnet.com... (...) If you use a tensioned string support system underneath, you can go long distances with few parts. -Rob (17 years ago, 22-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Long Span Suspension Bridge?

Stacy and I are designing a small layout for Brickworld this year and we want/need to have a bridge in the layout. We've been working to design the layout using banquet tables (so I don't have to bring my own tables), yet we still want an open space (...) (17 years ago, 22-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: IT'S TOO DARN QUIET!!!!!!

(...) That was MORE than two cents worth, Chris! Excellent work! Especially the bethgon, which is a former project of mine:-) And if I might add to you and others who have posted in this thread: please start your own threads with new MOCs and (...) (17 years ago, 22-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact