 Trains / *2942 (-5)
  Re: LEGO trains...The Future of Model Railroading?

(...) If you were sensing any "hostility" it was just a little bit. :^) The "come off it phrase" is like saying "give me a break". While reading my last comment you must imagine me grinning and speaking sarcastically. That's just my way of replying (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

Jim Rorstrom wrote in message ... (...) junk. (...) a (...) at (...) the (...) Well, the cost depends very much on whether you require all the scenery to be LEGO pure. The GMLTC layout would be far more expensive to create than a similar quality HO (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO trains...The Future of Model Railroading?

(...) I'd agree with Jim here too. Even in the 'live steam' scales, the cost of modeling something in relation to the space it takes up is relatively constant. The average is $2-3 an hour for the hobby of model railroading. That's not to say that (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LTMA vs NMRA

(...) John -- sounds great!!! (Better grab ltma.org quick while it's still available, too... :) I'm not a trainiac, but tell me what I can do to help you get this started! (mailing list, temporary or permanent web pages, membership support, etc.) (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Lego train club for the Saint Louis area?

(...) I think we're jumping way ahead of the game here, guys. I'm not even concerned about a layout at this point. First things first. 1) We need to see exactly how many people are interested and how much time they can actually contribute to the (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mo.stl, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact