 Trains / *26060 (-5)
  Re: How do I power a long track?

(...) John, Two controlers on the same track? In the past, people have always said that two controlers on the same track was a bad idea. The explanation that was put forward was that the controler that was running at a slightly lower voltage would (...) (20 years ago, 26-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How do I power a long track?

(...) The GMLTC has this problem in our 'small' (approximately 100 feet of track) loop, because our larger 8-wide trains are heavy and we really work the motors hard. Our solution? Add another speed regulator! We put one at each end of the dogbone, (...) (20 years ago, 26-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How do I power a long track?

(...) If that's causing the trouble, there's a couple of things you can do. Clean the contacts with a pencil eraser to remove dirt, finger oils, and surface corrosion. Carefully apply a little bit of "contact conditioner", available at computer and (...) (20 years ago, 26-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level

A builder can always change the color scheme. The more important thing is your design, which, as always, is excellent. "James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:I96rsI.xuD@lugnet.com... (...) (20 years ago, 26-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How do I power a long track?

(...) I agree with the advice John gave, although not completely with the "why"... the drop in voltage is, in my view, due to the resistance at each track sections abutment with the next. (...) It is in your posting setup rather than you profile, (...) (20 years ago, 25-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact