 Trains / *25365 (-20)
  Re: Roundy Roundy

(...) I thought it was you who did one with a doodle bug of one colour entering, and a different one leaving? Anyway, someone did one like that, which gives the same effect as hiding a train in a mountain. James Powell (20 years ago, 7-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hogwarts Express 4-6-0 engine

(...) so (...) Chris, thanks, I'm not the only one to come up with this, but I think my version may be the simplest to impliment. The spring is from a ball point pen. I cut it to 2/3 stud width. A spring from an old keyboard may be better suited. (...) (20 years ago, 6-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hogwarts Express 4-6-0 engine

(...) Mat, I like the way you handled the middle wheelset. It looks great. The two stud axel with the technic triangle widgit thingy (LD part #2825) for the extra 0.5 stud is a great idea. Where, by the way, did you get the spring? The local (...) (20 years ago, 2-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: motorized cars?

(...) JT already spoke of MichLTC's (actually, our resident wizard, Steve Ringe's) work. GMLTC had mine trucks that followed a chain drive underneath a baseplate/tile layer, Magnets provided the connectivity. Eric Brok had this same thing for (...) (20 years ago, 5-Aug-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.legoworld)

  Re: Roundy Roundy

In Europe a lot of EMUs, DMUs or push-pull (loco on one side, steering car on the other) trains are used, so without having to get the loco to the other side of the train the train can run in opposite direction (only the driver has to walk to the (...) (20 years ago, 5-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Motorized Cows

(...) Fantastic!!!! I am hoping you won't mind that these little cows will get copied for every train show from now on. Is anyone going to have time to make some for BrickFest? I really hope so. JB (20 years ago, 4-Aug-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Motorized Cows

"Dave Schuler" <orrex@excite.com> wrote in message news:I1vw1n.131J@lugnet.com... (...) 25th, (...) will (...) (URL) (...) (URL) (...) brick (...) way? And (...) a (...) Those are great! One way you could make the motion a little different is to (...) (20 years ago, 4-Aug-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Motorized Cows

Eric- What a great concept! And implementation! And effect! You cut to the heart of what makes a really cool MOC. I'm certainly going to want to put some cows in our pasteur when I get back from BF. -Ted Michon SCLTC (20 years ago, 4-Aug-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Motorized Cows

(...) An idea well worth copying. Remember, generally 100% of train show attendees have never visited LUGNET or Brickshelf, so even if every LEGO train club in the world copied this idea brick for brick, it would still be new and surprising to (...) (20 years ago, 4-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Motorized Cows

(...) snip (...) Erik, these are awesome! You have inspired me anew to add automation to our future layouts. A big thanks for providing the instructions as well. Jason (20 years ago, 4-Aug-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Space Police II Prison Train

(...) a stop-motion movie. All those moving parts and morphing vehicles are just begging for it! - Joe (20 years ago, 4-Aug-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Motorized Cows

(...) A simple idea, and a wonderfully elegant solution! Best motorized cows ever. Cheers Richie Dulin (URL) (20 years ago, 3-Aug-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BBB Steam Wheels session at BrickFest

(...) probably do a DAT or some more breakdown pictures. Jason Railton (20 years ago, 3-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events)

  Re: MOC: Motorized Cows

I missed the initial post the first time I read about this, but my first thought was magnets. My wife (a non-AFOL) thought magnets too when I showed her the video. I've noticed the train magnets are strong enough to make the magnets twitch on trains (...) (20 years ago, 3-Aug-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Motorized Cows

(...) snip (...) Wow Eric, Spotlighted! That is SO totally cool!!! I showed my kids and they were amazed, as am I. Truly, imho, it's MOCs like that, that will make HO modelers think twice about the "limitations of the brick". Way to go! Nicely (...) (20 years ago, 3-Aug-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Motorized Cows

(...) That's exceedingly cool. But since I don't have an RCX, it makes me wonder whether something similar could be done without it. Perhaps a small lever that's pressed by the train as it goes past, which is connected by a hidden string to the (...) (20 years ago, 3-Aug-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: COLTC Dennison Train Festival Show Report

Some nice stuff there, well done. Call it an easter egg, but I love looking for derailed engines and cars. I also love the shot of a dad who's parked his child in stroller next to the table edge, and as dad isn't looking the child has uprooted trees (...) (20 years ago, 3-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Hogwarts Express 4-6-0 engine

(...) Teunis, thanks for the info. I'm in the procces of changing my enigine from a 6s wide base and 7stud cab to a 7s base and 8s cab, with a 5 stud boiler. Now I can lengthen the engine 2 more studs without creating unsightly gaps between the (...) (20 years ago, 3-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: MOC: Motorized Cows

(...) So simple and so very cool! That is a great piece of eye candy for a train layout, super job! jt (20 years ago, 3-Aug-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Motorized Cows

(...) Thanks :) (...) Well, the only limit I see is from the power of the RCX and/or its number of outputs. You can easely modify the programm, by example in order to add sensors or outputs to control 3 or more cows. For my part, I have only two (...) (20 years ago, 3-Aug-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact